Recent updates to Insight Planner, the ultimate low-cost and highly effective marine-planning PC software, allow cruisers, sailors, anglers and other boaters to display and create custom maps that combine raster charts, hi-res bathymetric charts, custom-shaded contour charts and satellite-photo overlays.
If you’re not using Insight Planner, you’re lacking a powerful tool to enhance your marine mapping, waypoint management, and route planning for your Lowrance, Simrad or B&G sonar/GPS units. Download Insight Planner HERE. Learn to use Insight Planner HERE.
With Insight Planner, you can overlay Insight maps on your chart screen and set up split-screen displays for viewing multiple charts from different supported formats at different zoom levels. That gives you the capability to plot routes across multiple charts for verification, accuracy and safety.
Insight Planner empowers you to create custom waypoints, routes and points of interest with a wide range of marine maps, including Insight Genesis, Lake Insight, Nautic Insight, Insight, C-MAP, Navionics, Fugawi and more.
In addition, an intuitive GRIB weather-display system allows you to add wind, pressure, temperature, precipitation, wave, NEXRAD, sea-surface temperature and tidal-stream data overlays to your maps.
Insight Planner supports a wide variety of vector and raster charts — those mentioned previously, as well as the following:
- Navionics® Platinum+, Navionics Gold, HotMaps Premium, and HotMaps® Platinum charts
- Navionics+ Charts (excepting some promotional bundles)
- S-57 nautical charts (NOAA ENC, Army Corps iENC)
- S-63 Encrypted ENC charts (requires user permit)
- BSB Version 1 through 5 raster nautical charts (NOA RNC, MAPTECH, CHS, Fugawi, Blue Latitude Press, Wavyline, Solteknik)
- NV-charts (BSB/EAP)
- Topo Insight
Insight Planner’s marquee features include:
- Seamless planning and transfer of waypoints and routes in Google Earth (KMZ) format, GPS Exchange (GPX) format and Lowrance (USR) format to supported sonar/GPS units.
- Integration with GoFree Shop allowing upload and download of waypoints and routes to any PC connected to the internet.
- Instant download of purchased GoFree charts for use with the Insight Planner or onto an SD card for use with supported sonar/GPS units.
- Split-screen displays for viewing multiple charts from different supported formats at different zoom levels.
- Plotting routes across multiple charts for verification, accuracy and safety purposes.
- Save waypoints, routes and trails to your GoFree Cloud account.
- Lowrance, Simrad and B&G waypoint icon support.
- Multiple Units of Measure and Languages fully supported
You can download Insight Planner for a one-time payment of only $29 — there’s no annual license fee.